Job Title: Logistics Manager
Benefits: Holidays 30 days (inc. bank holidays) and pension (auto-enrolment)
Reporting to: Operations Director
Our Values & Behaviours:
Harrison Spinks is an award-winning, leading high-end, luxury bed manufacturer and supplier of
quality components to the furniture, footwear and automotive industries. Situated just 2 miles south
of Leeds city centre, Harrison Spinks is an exciting and growing business: we encourage innovation
and are proud of our quality. The company is highly vertically integrated from drawing its own wire, blending our own upholstery and even owning a 300 acre farm to rear sheep and grow fibres for our natural fillings blends.
Innovation is tradition at Harrison Spinks. In the quest to align our processes and become ever more vertically integrated we are constantly testing and finding new ways to improve the way we make our products. We have our own team of development engineers to push the boundaries
and new thinking is always encouraged.
Quality is key to our handmade comfort products and you’ll see that the entire team who work at Harrison Spinks take care in everything they do. Often we don’t do things because they are easier, they take time but it results in a superior product and everyone takes pride in their work.
To provide management and leadership to Harrison Spinks’ warehousing and outbound logistics. This role will ensure we develop and maximise the potential of our people and systems to deliver a high performing, efficient distribution operation.
* Ownership of the Logistics and Warehouse Operations.
* Responsible for overseeing the sites outbound logistics budget and SLAs.
* Implement a ‘Customer is King’ mentality with a ‘No Fail’ attitude.
* “Make Things Happen” by coaching, motivating, inspiring and developing others.
* Demonstrate enhanced interpersonal skills which build trusting business relationships in a
suitable supportive and collaborative way.
* Draw upon previous experience to implement time and error saving processes.
* Ensure the Company’s Health & Safety policy and management system is consistently applied
throughout the function by:-
Ensuring all risk assessments, work equipment inspections, safety audits and accident investigations are carried out in a timely manner in the department.
Leading by example to ensure compliance with all Health & Safety and Environmental legislation and Company practices.
Ensuring that safety is paramount and that unsafe behaviour is discouraged, promoting a zero accident and incident culture.
Ensuring that all team members are trained and work to the SSOW’s and SOP’s.
* Translate goals into clear and coherent objectives for individuals / teams as well as monitor
performance and hold those accountable for delivery.
* Present / communicate at all levels using the most appropriate methods and ensure, as a result, full understanding and engagement of the target audience.
* Own a pipeline plan of improvement projects and continually work to improve processes.
*Apply a planned approach to deliver quality outcomes for customers, consumers and colleagues in a timely and effective manner.
* Continually review “How Things Are Done” to ensure personal and business effectiveness.
* Ensure new processes are adhered to at all times.
* Constantly monitor and reward or discipline where required to entrench the process into the working day.
* Driving and exceeding standards for performance and efficiency.
* Improve and implement current KPI measures.
* Implement and oversee training & development plans for direct reports.
* Recruitment and selection of team supervisors and coordinators.
* Develop relationship with retail customer warehouse managers and transport agencies to act as support.
* Degree level qualified
* CILT or Logistics qualification
* CPC operating licence holder
* At least 5 years management experience in logistics
* Experience in managing 3PL transportation and carrier partners, ensuring high levels of customer experience
* IOSH Managing Safely qualified
* A track record of putting the customer first and developing customer centric process improvements
* IT literate and have strong experience with Microsoft packages
* Requirement for flexibility to cover relevant activities of other team members, when necessary
* Office hours primarily but some flexibility is required
* Excellent leadership skills
* Strong financial & budget management skills
* Flexibility to adapt to changes in schedules
* Strong project & follow-up skills
* Excellent coaching and team building skills
* The skill of influencing and negotiating effectively with all relevant parties in order to achieve win-win solutions wherever possible
How to apply:
Send your CV and covering letter including your availability to: Beth Fletcher, HR Advisor, Harrison Spinks Ltd, Westland Road, LS11 5SN Email: email@example.com