CILT National Officer / Northern Ireland (Part time)
Salary: £7,000pa - 5 days per month
With a membership of 18,000, The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) is the independent professional membership body for individuals and organisations associated with logistics, supply chains and all methods and modes of transport throughout their careers.
The Institute is seeking to appoint a part time National Officer for Northern Ireland. The main purpose of the role is to work with the NI Committee to promote the Institute within NI.
• Recruitment and retention of individual and corporate members
• Promotion of the Institute’s educational programmes and qualifications
• Support for volunteer activities
• Leading interaction and engagement between CILT and the NI Assembly on related activities/policies
The post-holder will liaise with employers in the logistics and transport sector, local Government bodies/NGOs, academics and students in higher education establishments, committee members, volunteers, corporate members, individual members and prospective members.
We are looking for someone who has a thorough understanding of professional bodies or associations and is preferably a member of CILT.
Qualities of the Individual
• Live within the area and be an active member of their professional community
• Be a confident and persuasive communicator and presenter
• Have a logistics and/or transport background and experience of operating at a senior level in either the public, commercial or academic sectors
• Be prepared to and able to travel within the area as well as nationally when required
• Have excellent administrative skills
• Be prepared to work flexible hours to attend meetings and events
• Be computer literate in MS applications
In addition, reasonable out of pocket expenses in respect of travel and subsistence incurred in undertaking the role will be reimbursed.
To apply please submit a copy of your CV with a covering letter stating how your skills and experience match the requirements of the role and send your application to: Janet Eady, Head of Membership, Regions and Forums
email: email@example.com by Friday 28th April 2017