Demonstrate your professional credibility and become a part of our globally recognised network of 33,000 logistics and transport professionals. With 9 professional sectors from Logistics & Supply Chain to Operations Management, from Freight Forwarding to Ports Maritime and Waterways, from Bus and Coach to Rail and Aviation and from Transport Planning to Active Travel and Planning we support you, we connect you and and we are here by your side every step of the way.
We provide the knowledge, networks and know how to enable you to succeed in a complex, fast changing environment and our wide range of services support you professionally and personally. Benefits to our members include:
- Professional credibility - Showcase your high level of knowledge and expertise with our Member (MILT), Chartered Member (CMILT) and Chartered Fellow (FCILT) grades of membership. These are an assessed grade of membership that will entitle you to use the post nominal' letters after your name to indicate your status within the profession. They will help to demonstrate your expertise, build your brand and inspire confidence whilst staying current and relevant.
- Representation and influence - ensure your voice is heard by contributing to consultation responses, research and surveys. We have strategic rail, road and transport policy, public policy committee and aviation policy groups that actively review key issues and provide regular strategic insight and thought leadership for members as well as being an effective advocate of good practice across all sectors and who seek to influence government policy at local, national and international levels.
- Access to a wide selection of digital and physical events which are free to members and which give you the opportunity to hear from high profile speakers and connect with like mined professionals in your field. Many of our events qualify for CPD.
- Preferential member rates for training, education and qualifications
- Access to legal services
- Access to the CILT Knowledge Centre with a wealth of resources to support you in your work and study.
- Access to our highly regarded monthly Focus magazine and our critical Weekly News Bulletin for a round up of important information relevant to your profession.
- Complimentary access to 100's of magazines and newspapers for both personal and professional use via access to World Newspapers Today
- Access to our mentoring service
- Access to CILT community which enables you to connect directly with other members, ask questions and share knowledge and best practice.
- Access to CILT Success which provides a range of tools including career management, self development, CV and interview advice
- Access to CILT Advantage with discounts on relevant products and services
- Access to the CILT bookstore with substantial member savings on publications relevant to your study or career
We have a range of memberships depending on what stage you are in your career. Student membership is relevant to those currently studying, Graduate membership is open to those that have graduated in the last 3 years. Assessed grades of membership are relevant to those wanting career development and professional recognition and that meet the qualifying levels of experience and/or education, Retired membership is relevant to those that are no longer working but wish to remain actively involved in the profession and Affiliate membership is relevant to those closely aligned to the profession that do not meet any of the other categories.
You can join online by clicking the link to your preferred grade or for further assistance please contact the membership department T: 01536 740104 E: email@example.com
Download our Join Now Brochure
If you reside overseas, there may be a CILT branch that’s closer to you and that you might prefer to join. To find out more, click here. If you still wish to join CILT UK, please follow the links below.